Beretta 687 EELL Diamond Pigeon - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Beretta 687 EELL Diamond Pigeon

This is a discussion on Beretta 687 EELL Diamond Pigeon within the Beretta Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; I'm not normally one to pay for shotgun good looks (altho it never hurts) but recently I found a mint-condition 687 Diamond Pigeon in 12 ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Beretta Shotgun Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GE-Minigun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2019, 04:47 PM   #1

Member #432
Beretta 687 EELL Diamond Pigeon

I'm not normally one to pay for shotgun good looks (altho it never hurts) but recently I found a mint-condition 687 Diamond Pigeon in 12 G at a price hardly anyone would refuse, and am now the proud owner. Internally they are said to be 'virtually identical' to a 686 silver pigeon, but are so much prettier, with the engraved hunting scenes on the side plates, plus of course the EELL engraving all over, and the Grade 5 wood.

I'm posting about this to find out how the gun is regarded in the world of expert Beretta owners, nothing can much add to or spoil my pleasure of ownership. but opinions would be nice.
Hard Chilled Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-23-2019, 09:14 PM   #2
RKB

Member #2031
The Beretta 6XX series shotguns are all basically the same internally and are all fine shooters. You have a quality shooter that is also a nice showpiece! Enjoy it and try to wear it out - you can't, but try!!
RKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:40 AM   #3

Member #14966
Not a Beretta expert by any stretch of the imagination, however I’ve owned a 687 EELL Diamond Pigeon Skeet for about 15 years give or take a couple. I purchased it used with Briley tubes…had a couple thousand through it when purchased. I’ve since put 250k or more through it with no problems at all. I sent it to Beretta last year to have a set of 32” barrels fit and while they had it I had them go through it. They called once they got it opened and ask how much it had been shot, told them close to 250, they said they would recommend changing out the springs and firing pins, but other than they nothing was needed. It’s an awesome gun that I’ve hunted pheasant with, however I won’t do that again…on the heavy side for hunting.
oneounceload and RKB like this.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:15 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Both the Beretta 68X series and the Browning Citori series are well-made guns of great value for the money that will go the distance.

Go and enjoy your new to you gun!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote