Beneli O/U problem - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Beneli O/U problem

This is a discussion on Beneli O/U problem within the Benelli Shotgun Forum forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; Last week the fore end came off when I broke open the gun after shooting. I could not figure out how to reinstall it. I ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > Benelli Shotgun Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2019, 07:23 AM   #1

Member #3902
Beneli O/U problem

Last week the fore end came off when I broke open the gun after shooting. I could not figure out how to reinstall it. I have been shooting o/u firearms for 75 years and never saw one that had such complicated part structure. I decided to take it too my local gunsmith, with instructions to send it back to Benelli if needed.
ke4yyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-08-2019, 02:10 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Welcome; you're not too far from me (north of Tallahassee.). what's the name of your local gunsmith? haven't found any here after just moving a few months ago. Does he work on Brownings?

As to your issue, did you inadvertently trip the forearm release? (Just thinking out loud) Otherwise, it sounds like something broke
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:14 PM   #3

Member #3902
O/U

The forearm was replaced and it seems to be in good order. The gunsmith name is Dan. He works out of No Shoe firearms in Crawfordville, FL. Don't know much about him.

Last edited by ke4yyd; 05-16-2019 at 08:18 PM.
ke4yyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2019, 05:45 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Member #1368
Thanks for the name!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
oneounceload is offline   Reply With Quote