Plug removal - Shotgun Forums

Shotgun

Plug removal

This is a discussion on Plug removal within the All Other Models forums, part of the Shotgun Forums by Model category; Help! I want to remove the plug on my Stoeger M 3020. It looks like I need a tool to match the Mickey Mouse( ? ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forums by Model > All Other Models

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2019, 03:52 PM   #1

Member #16672
Plug removal

Help! I want to remove the plug on my Stoeger M 3020. It looks like I need a tool to match the Mickey Mouse( ? ) outline on the end cap. If so, I can't locate such a tool. Thanks !
Desert quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-10-2020, 01:09 PM   #2

Member #17932
The only tool I needed was a small flathead screwdriver. When you disassemble the gun as for cleaning by undoing the threaded nut by hand at the end of the handgrip, there is a little metal (on newer ones; I think older may have had plastic) plug that holds in a plastic shell plug and a spring behind that, at the front of the shell magazine tube. So the trick is to gently pry that metal plug out of the tube while not having the spring throw everything out of the tube when the metal plug finely comes loose and free.

Once the metal plug, shell plug and spring come out, you just re install the spring and metal plug back into the tube and leave the plastic shell plug out. That's is.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk
klrbill is offline   Reply With Quote