Shotgun Forums

Shotgun Forums (https://www.shotgunforums.com/forums/)
-   Akdal Arms Shotgun Forum (https://www.shotgunforums.com/forums/akdal-arms-shotgun-forum/)
-   -   For those who haven't seen a MKA 1919 (https://www.shotgunforums.com/forums/akdal-arms-shotgun-forum/1104-those-who-havent-seen-mka-1919-a.html)

TAN 10-29-2012 06:22 PM

For those who haven't seen a MKA 1919

5 Attachment(s)
Here's some pics of some we've put together

TAN 10-29-2012 06:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
A few more

ironmike1378 06-01-2013 07:30 PM

I've been looking at the 1919 but I can't see the advantage over the Saiga 12. Any advise or direction would be helpful.

TAN 06-05-2013 07:26 PM

Availability , price , parts availability(havent needed any), price, same ergos as an AR-15, price

A good set up Saiga $3500.00+ , = MKA 1919 $1800.00

Jwmess 08-15-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toothandnail (Post 14347)
Here's some pics of some we've put together

Hello, I would love some advice from you guys! I've been seeing a lot of helpful comments from you guys in other forums but basically I just have a problem with my 1919 and need some advice. I would love to shoot skeet with my gun and also take it dove hunting, but I don't know that the stock sights are meant for this type of shooting. I have been looking for a sight that I could just stick on the front an have a sort of "point and shoot" gun. I'm thinking maybe just a bead on the front and no sight in the back? I would love any advice! Thank you!

Josh

LoFlyer 08-16-2013 04:12 PM

My neighbor has one of these things, I haven't fired it but I have handled the MKA 1919 and it lightweight and handles like a dream. We get newbies on my skeet/trap range and ran into one with a Tac shotgun, he was starting on the five-stand, and clueless as to what was about to happen, but game. I took pity upon him and coached him through various sequences. He made some mistakes but was making hits at the end. What I did note is that the tactical S/G with a 24 inch barrel can be used effectively against clays even by a rookie.
Is the tactical shotgun the best choice for skeet/trap shooting? Hell-no! Two different scenarios for use, and neither really designed for other than defense or hunting/skeet/trap. However thousands of criminals have been stopped with skeet/trap shotguns and thousands of clays downed with Tacs. Never underestimate the versatility of the men and women behind these things.
KenC

Jwmess 08-16-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoFlyer (Post 18209)
My neighbor has one of these things, I haven't fired it but I have handled the MKA 1919 and it lightweight and handles like a dream. We get newbies on my skeet/trap range and ran into one with a Tac shotgun, he was starting on the five-stand, and clueless as to what was about to happen, but game. I took pity upon him and coached him through various sequences. He made some mistakes but was making hits at the end. What I did note is that the tactical S/G with a 24 inch barrel can be used effectively against clays even by a rookie.
Is the tactical shotgun the best choice for skeet/trap shooting? Hell-no! Two different scenarios for use, and neither really designed for other than defense or hunting/skeet/trap. However thousands of criminals have been stopped with skeet/trap shotguns and thousands of clays downed with Tacs. Never underestimate the versatility of the men and women behind these things.
KenC

Thanks for the comment! I do understand that my gun is tactical, but I would love to be able to use it for both. Basically I was just wondering if anyone knew of any types of sights that might fit the part better for the type of shooting ill be doing. And what I was thinking is something that is closer to the barrel, making it easier to find the target. If anyone has any advice please let me know.

TAN 08-20-2013 06:35 PM

I have an Eotech Xps on mine, I have NO IDEA what the rules on trap/skeet are, but it is SO mch easier/quicker with a RDS

bobski 08-29-2013 01:22 PM

when you dance, you wear dance shoes.
when you swim, you put on fins.
switch it around and you get....well....have fun shootng skeet with this type gun.
its a tactical gun. its designed for advancing on something. it part of bigger picture.
skeet is skeet.
try as you might, you can keep trying to put a round peg in a square hole all you want, but tactical is tactical.
skeet is skeet.
the 1919 is perfect for what its intended.
bt if you want to do skeet, come see me, and i'll fit you to the right shoes....instead of stuffing paper in those fancy shoes of yours.
hope it helps.

TAN 08-29-2013 06:41 PM

I'm more of a, dance with the one ya brung, kinda guy :>)
I will say I've shot trap ONE time with mine, did almost as good as the guys in the league
There was alot of comments/snickers, BEFORE, none after.