Shotgun

Sling for a Mossberg 500

This is a discussion on Sling for a Mossberg 500 within the Tactical Shotgun Accessories forums, part of the Tactical Shotgun Forum category; Been looking for a decent sling for a Mossberg 500. 18" bbl. Primary use is HD and it has the factory full stock. Thinking about ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Tactical Shotgun Forum > Tactical Shotgun Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #1

Member #32
Sling for a Mossberg 500

Been looking for a decent sling for a Mossberg 500. 18" bbl. Primary use is HD and it has the factory full stock. Thinking about going with a collapsible AR style stock via a Mesa Tactical adapter sometime in the future. Didn't know if anyone had any good suggestions.
Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #2

Member #56
Walmart sells a sling made by Winchester for about 7 bucks. Just put one on my .410 model 500. Works good.
mesadeldoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #3

Member #82
On rifles, the new hotness' is the "Ching Sling." I don't know if it's possible to use one on your 500, but it sure would be tacticool
whatsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #4

Member #242
Look at the Choate side folder first.. way more compact. I use the cheap Uncle Mikes 3 point sling for defensive shotties
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #5

Member #143
Viking Tactics or Blue Force Gear.
You get what you pay for.
Jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #6

Member #405
I have an ATI top folder on my 500. I added the shell carrier to it as well. I really like it. Been thinking of possibly going with an AR style stock for it. I currently use a 1-point sling. It works pretty good. Only bad thing is that it hangs down too far for my liking. I'd like to get some sort of tactical sling for it, but one that brings the gun up a bit more.
ktulu92fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #7

Member #242
Got to thinking and if it's just home defense then a single point might work, and be a lot simpler

CoiTAC CQB Single Point Bungee Sling Black Color

It's what I got for my gal's new AR15 but in coyote tan
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #8

Member #432
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Got to thinking and if it's just home defense then a single point might work, and be a lot simpler

CoiTAC CQB Single Point Bungee Sling Black Color

It's what I got for my gal's new AR15 but in coyote tan
This summer, Walmart was selling a Blackhawk one-point 'tactical' sling for around $20. One-points have become the slings of choice with the more active parts of the military and are worth considering. Some of the fancier ones can be used in many ways, not sure if this applies to the Wally version.
Hard Chilled Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #9

Member #438
I use a Magpul MS2 1-point sling with a Mesa hook loop on the receiver of my Remington 870, and this works very well for me.
glockman99@hotmail.com
glockman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Member #23
So, I originally had a two-point sling on my Mossberg 500 - that sling has a 15-shell bandoleer, which swayed back and forth swaying the gun with it. Just bought an ATI single point sling. I like it a lot.

One problem I have is how to attach the sling to the gun. I too have an ATI top folding stock with an ATI 5-round magazine attached to it. The sling has a split ring quick connect attachment and the folding stock has a stud with a hole in it - the same thing you'd expect in a normal sling mount. Right now, I have a spare sling mount attached to the stud and the sling attached to the sling mount. I'd like to get something more like a simple hard steel ring to attach to the stud, or maybe break down and buy one of these.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a solution here? If I drill out the stud to accept the split ring quick connect, there won't be enough stud left to hold the gun to the sling.

"Suppose I were a congressman. And suppose I were an idiot. But I repeat myself..." - Mark Twain
"Life is hard. Life is harder if you're stupid." - John Wayne
"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt." - Anonymous
RandyTheHack is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

best sling for mossberg 500

how to put a sling on a mossberg 500

mossberb 500 tactical sling
mossberg .410 shotgun sling
mossberg 500 sling forum
putting a sling how to remove the stock on a mossberg 500
sling adapter for mossberg 500 410 gauge
sling mossberg 410