Shotgun

Sling for a Mossberg 500

This is a discussion on Sling for a Mossberg 500 within the Tactical Shotgun Accessories forums, part of the Tactical Shotgun Forum category; OK guys... I came up with the ultimate solution for this problem. I thought the answer was going to be a GG&G sling mount - ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Tactical Shotgun Forum > Tactical Shotgun Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Member #23
OK guys... I came up with the ultimate solution for this problem. I thought the answer was going to be a GG&G sling mount - one of these:

However, when the part arrived, I quickly found that it would not work in conjunction with the ATI top folding stock - the stock folding mechanism was in the way.

So, back to square one - what could I use to attach to the sling mount on the ATI top folding stock? I finally settled on one of these:

A grenade pin. It's hardened spring steel, I have no idea how strong the thing is, but OMG it is hard and strong. It took a screwdriver to get the pin apart sufficiently to slip it onto the sling mount on the folding stock. Once on, I just attached the single point sling to the grenade pin. It rotates, it's strong, it's even a dull army surplus green... not quite the "tactical black", but not bad.

The best thing is it was free at the local army surplus shop when I bought some ammo cans. I'll post some pics here in a bit...

LATER

Here are a couple pics of the end result:

"Suppose I were a congressman. And suppose I were an idiot. But I repeat myself..." - Mark Twain
"Life is hard. Life is harder if you're stupid." - John Wayne
"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt." - Anonymous

Last edited by RandyTheHack; 04-03-2013 at 06:39 PM.
RandyTheHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #12

Member #985
Hey guys,
I found this thread after posting over at DefensiveCarry with questions about a single point sling for 500 Persuader. After some more searching, I found this solution to my problem and thought I would share here. I ordered the Sling Dynamics Viper sling and will post my findings once I spend some time with it.

Page Title
JohnHancock is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

best sling for mossberg 500

how to put a sling on a mossberg 410

how to put a sling on a mossberg 500

mossberg 500 sling forum
putting a sling how to remove the stock on a mossberg 500
putting a sling on a mossberg 500
sling mossberg 410

tactical shotgun sling mossberg 500