Shotgun Forums banner

WTB Baikal Mp18em-m or Remington Spatan spr 20 gauge

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sidewayskid 
#1 ·
Greetings,
WTB Baikal Mp18em-m or Remington Sparan spr 20 gauge. Looking for the unit with the vented rib.
Thanks!

#3 ·
sidewayskid
If I'm not mistaken, they are pretty much the same gun.
As far as a lively and well balanced gun forget it.
The gun is not pleasant to shoot.
The dealer back-up for the Remington is absolutely non-existent; I would not consider the Remington on this point alone. You can not buy parts or even talk to them about it.
For the Baikal I have not yet had the pleasure of dealing with their customer service department.
The gun performs well and is built like a tank. The repairs I have performed on them involved no parts, just cleaning and polishing internal parts.

#4 · (Edited)
Trap is the purpose. It is the same unit as the SPR 100. Parts interchangable.
Only started shooting trap a few months ago.Until last weekend been trying to execute the basics and find the right gun for the job and correct fit. That was when I had the opportunity to try a 18em in a 12 gauge. Hitting the first 18 of 25 stunned me. I am a true novice. Similar in follow up rounds.These are light enabling me to get on target quickly. However........ the recoil does get to be a bit much. Especially finding out that we were using 3 dram ammo.
Ouch. It seemed that with other guns tried, the 20 gauge worked better for me.
So far, EAA has been great on parts and helpful. Support on an MP153 was excellent ( and a tank). Are they a bit crude? Yep. I figure that if I learn to hit enough clay no one will notice. The goal is to get better and find out what is really best for me before a big purchase. Never beleived in spending your way to success. Thanks for the responses. Input appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.