Shotgun

Cutting down a Benelli Comfortec stock?

This is a discussion on Cutting down a Benelli Comfortec stock? within the Shotgun Talk forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; Trying to set-up a shotgun for my daughter. I really want a 12 ga that with fit her. She is definitely a lefty. Looking at ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #1

Member #1961
Cutting down a Benelli Comfortec stock?

Trying to set-up a shotgun for my daughter. I really want a 12 ga that with fit her. She is definitely a lefty. Looking at a Benelli M2 Max-4. They have Comfortec stock, which should help her with the recoil. I looked inside and it looks like it could be cut off about an 1" or 1 1/8" which would really help. It would take some creative custom work but I think it can be done.

Has anyone ever cut one down, any tips?

Thanks!!
Cloud 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #2

Member #1955
Shorting a stock

I don't believe the stock can be shortened. I remember reading a thread on Shotgunworld about that and as I recall, those stocks cannot be shortened.

I suggest you read my thread on Shotguns and more Shotguns! ShotgunWorld.com is your best source for Remington, Beretta, and Mossberg Shotgun information in the "Women Shotgun Shooters" forum titled, "Why shotgun fir or do not fit women, girls (and kids).

The thread will explain the challenges you face getting a gun to fit your daughter and some things you can to deal with them. The best way to handle fitting her would be to visit a good stock fitter.

Rollin (author of "Stock Fitter's Bible")
Rollin Oswald is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

can benelli stocks be cut down