Shotgun

springfield model 67 series e

This is a discussion on springfield model 67 series e within the Shotgun Identification and Worth forums, part of the Shotgun Forum Discussions category; Just wanting to know some history and maybe a way to date this gun. Its the first thing I ever owned, given to me by ...

Go Back   Shotgun Forums > Shotgun Forum Discussions > Shotgun Identification and Worth

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #1

Member #754

Just wanting to know some history and maybe a way to date this gun. Its the first thing I ever owned, given to me by grandfather as soon as mom said she was having his first grandson. Papa tried 4 times for a boy and had 4 girls, lol. Was passed to my son the same way. I honestly don't care if its worth a wooden nickle it holds value to us as a family gun. My researching it for the past few days I already know its not a 870 and entry level gun. There's no history of springfield or any shotguns with their names on them besides the military version on the net.

My main question is how to date it?

Next question is what's with the series (a-z it seems)? At first I thought is was what gauge but I've seen all gauges with the same series. Next I thought it might be barrel length but same story.

Thanks for any helpful info. For anybody that just wants to say its cheap get a different gun, its one of 20 shotguns, and one of 98 guns. I don't need to do anything but enjoy it. Sorry for being bitter but this aint the first forum I've asked about this gun and I'm tired of the riff-raff.
neo71665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #2

Member #716
Welcome to the forum, and I wish you the best of luck in researching the history of your family heirloom gun.

Sorry I can't be more help than that.
GrampaDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #3

Member #754
Thank you very much
Old 02-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #4

Member #754
Another dead end I guess
Old 04-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #5

Member #1115
I have one, had it for 30 years, and couldnt find much about it other than the 67E was the model used in Vietnam.
Ive run thousands of rounds thru it.
wasrNwarpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
how much is a springfield model 67 series e worth
springfield 67

springfield 67 series e

springfield 67 series e shotgun

springfield model 67 series e 20 gauge
springfield model 67 series e shotgun
springfield shotgun model 67 series e